New Beginnings Ministries -
(Collective Work and Responsibility)
New Beginnings Ministries was established October 1996 as an outreach spiritual ministry that teaches and exist to bring the hope of the Divine in the lives of humanity, through preaching, teaching, living and fleshing out the Word of God.
October 1996 - Established the ministry and incorporated a 501(c)3 status for the ministry; began services at 12th Street, N.E., Washington, D.C. where we ministered with Community Action Group (CAG), Harbor Lights, RAP Inc. and continued community outreaches in Barry Farms Housing Projects, Benning Terrace and other housing project communities; ministered to others in the area of support and deliverance from substance abuse and homelessness. Held weekly afternoon services and bible study in the Northeast quarter of Washington, D.C. for four years; continued affiliation with Union Temple Baptist Church; held conferences "First Annual Spiritual Domestic Violence Conference - "Stop In the Name of Love" and "Can you Love God and Sex" seminars geared towards the open communication and dialogue for those in the body of Christ seeking direction.
April 2004 - Opened and established New Beginnings Ministries – Ujima Center, 3012 Martin Luther King Avenue, S.E., Washington, D.C.; formerly held services at 2932 12th Street, N.E., Washington, D.C.; presently holding services at 2921 Martin Luther King Avenue, S.E., Washington, D.C.
- Ujima Center held weekly scripture study – Wednesday evenings at 7:00 p.m.; Sunday school 11:00 a.m., and Sunday Worship Services 12:00 p.m.
- Free Summer Meals Feeding Program for Youth 2005 feeding youth, elders in the community Monday through Friday 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. breakfast - 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. Lunch.; 2921 Martin Luther King Avenue, S.E., Washington, D.C.
- Chosen Generation - Summer Youth Spiritual Enrichment Program, began June 24, 2005 - ends August 21, 2005, Fridays 6 - 9 p.m. and Saturday afternoons 12 - 3 p.m.; teaching spiritual life skills, learning personal business skills, and managing personal business. Program ends with a celebration of youth achievements. East of the River Family Strengthening Collaborative co-sponsored the training.
- June 2004 - Facilitated and operated “Precious Jewels” girls program that taught spiritual life skills training to young women ages 11 – 17 for six (6) weeks; with a culmination of a banquet and celebration of the achievement of the young women. East of the River Family Strengthening Collaborative co-sponsored the training.
- July – September 2004 - Facilitated and operated “Teach Them While You Can Reach Them,” a behavioral modification program for boys and girls ages 9 – 16 for ten (10) weekends; focusing on spiritual life skills, addressing community violence and homicides of friends and family, domestic violence and other issues unique to urban environments; nightly dinner was served and youth participated in entrepreneur endeavors throughout the community. The Program ran from July to September 2004 with a culmination of a community cookouts for all youth and families involved in the program. Far Southeast Family Strengthening Collaborative co-sponsored the training.
- October 2004 - NBM-Ujima Center facilitates and organizes a yearly Domestic Violence Conference “Stop In The Name of Love – A Spiritual Look At Domestic Violence”(2003); “If They Hit You – They Will Kill You” (2004). Scheduled for 2005 – “When Leaving Is Hard – Leaving Abusive Relationships.” The conference is held traditionally at the Community Action Group on 15th Street, S.E., Washington, D.C.
- "Get Your Shine On" a community youth program geared to youth 11- 17 co-sponsored by the Far Southeast Collaborative teaching life skills and given youth an opportunity to express themselves creatively. The program culminated with a community talent show where program participants, family members gathered to encourage and uplift each other. January 2007
- 2007 - 2008 Pastor Cleckley on sabbathical and training in Miami, Florida will relocate and re-establish services in summer of 2009.
- 2009 New Beginnings Ministries declares the theme "Leaving the Silence Behind in 2009". Continuing the mandate to honor the gospel of Jesus Christ in spirit and in truth. All programs, preaching sessions, teaching sessions, youth programs, outreaches will have a specific focus on teaching, educating, and prevention of domestic violence in all aspect of our lives. A clear and uncompromising message of the gospel of Jesus Christ will be uplifted through all activities.
- 2009 New Beginnings Ministries - Ujima and 17th Avenue Gallery, Miami, Florida maintaining a multiservice center that operates support groups for those who are substance abused. Support group meetings with an emphasis on the 12-steps, fellowship and around the clock support for those who are seeking recovery.
- 2010 New Beginnings Ministries continues to minister in Miami, Florida at the Harbor House Supportive Housing Program and the Village for Women with their children as they work through recovery from substance and reunification of their families.
- 2011 "Time and Eternity" making changes through ministry in Miami, Florida and Washington, D.C.
- 2013 - 2013 Working with the homeless, mentally challenged in Miami, Florida - working in ministry in Washington, DC through the wholistic ministry of Union Temple Baptist Church, 1225 W Street, S.E., Washington, DC. 20020
- 2016 - Working to bring New Beginnings Ministries-Ujima into a relevant experience for those that they are called to minister to... the best is yet to come... Stay Close!
New Beginnings Ministries believes that the world is to be a "Theocracy" and pray for God to bring His Kingdom on earth just as it is in Heaven..
Rev. Wanda D. Cleckley, Spiritual Director
New Beginnings Ministries
Washington, DC 20020
Rev. Cleckley is available for speaking engagements, workshops and seminar presentations.
Contact Sis. Dascha Cleckley
(202) 904-7724 For Rev. Cleckley
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please email us.